Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Spring Essentials

Here are the beauty, fashion, and random things i love for spring! Being the fashion addict i am, i very into the seasonal wardrobe and lifestyle. So these are what I consider to be my essentials for this upcoming spring season!

BEAUTY

1. Moisturizer



my skin tends to get very dry in between seasons, mostly because the weather is changing, and therefore my skin needs to learn how to adjust... however it doesn't quite catch up that quickly.
i love this moisturizer from trader joes because it hydrates my skin.. and it has SPF to protect my skin from the emerging sun!

2. a light fresh scent



this is my go to spring/summer scent. it floral and fruity and really refreshing! it perks me up and keeps me in a chipper mood throughout the day. i always get compliments when im wearing this fresh scent by marc jacobs.

3. champagne



sorry... not the drink... although i wouldn't say no to that either... but during the spring i want a fresh glowing face. so instead of the heavier colored eyeshadows i wear during the winter, i swipe this pretty shimmery color across my lids and add a little eyeliner for a soft spring-time appropriate look.

4. pretty lips



a pretty peachy lip looks amazing for spring... and a tinted lip balm is a perfect break from the drying lipsticks... this maybelline product adds the right amount of color and is still super moisturizing on my lips.

5. a hint of mint



mint green nails have me craving spring and warm weather. its a pretty but non traditional nail color that flatters most skin tones.

FASHION

1. Sandals!!



by february my cramped feet in boots are yelling for sandals! when its finally warm enough to wear them it finally feels like spring!

2. lightweight scarves




i can finally pull all my lighterweight scarves out of hiding and wear them again as transition pieces for when its still a little chilly but not cold enough for jackets and heavy knit scarves. most of my lighter ones come in pretty floral prints which cheer me up and look great with simple outfits.

3. pastels



there is just something about pretty pastels. they make me feel girly and feminine and seasonally appropriate. they work well as both accessories and as wardrobe staples.

4. nautical



i love my stripes (no im not a tiger) and the spring seems like a good time to break out the nautical inspired clothing.

5. headbands



the weather has probably stopped raining enough by now and i can wear my hair down without worrying that it'll turn into a frizz fest in 20 min. but i still like to keep it out of my face. so in comes the headband. and a pretty lace band will still look cute... but be practical at the same time.

RANDOM!

1. iced caramel macchiato



my guilty pleasure during the warmer months. it just tastes so good. 'nuff said.

2. pineapple



its so sweet and tangy. its like having a really great dessert... but i know i wont feel guilty later.

3. a cheesy beach book


its not one of my prized possessions so i can bring it to the beach and not feel guilty if its gets sandy or wet... plus its nice to take a break from my historical fiction obessesion and read something silly.

4. Day Trips



 its like a mini vacation. on my days off, if ive got nothing better to do, ill go on a day trip to santa cruz. its my home away from home, and theres plenty to do to free myself from stress.



so those are my spring essentials.
let me know what yours are in the comments below!!

have fun! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment