Thursday, September 5, 2013

August Favorites!

sorry its late
 
but it is indeed time for my august favorites!!
 
<3
 
 
 
Here we go
 
 
 
MAKEUP
 
1. mac's eye shadow in blackberry
 
this is the perfect purple-brown crease color! its flattering on my pale skin, and really helps to define my eyes.
 
2. mac's eye shadow in dazzlelight

this is so pretty across my lids, I've been enjoying this shade because it adds a bit of shimmer without too much, plus its great for the inner corner as well.

 
3. mac's eye shadow in mulch

 
the name does not give this shadow any justice, this is my favorite dark brown. its great for the outer corner for that perfect smoky eye look, I wear the first two shadows for the day and add this for a little extra pop at night.


 
4. trader joe's enrich face moisturizer
 
I think I've talked about this before but I love this moisturizer. its not too greasy and has spf so my face is protected from the sun.
 
5. ELF's brow gel

 
I used to have the one from mac, but this brow gel is literally the same thing, and its only 1$ which is awesome!! it keeps my brows in place without them feeling weird and crispy... if you know what im talking about.
 
6. EOS lipbalm in honeydew

 
I love honeydew melon, and this lip balm smells exactly like it. its a refreshing scent, and moisturizes really well.
 
7.  Maybelline's Falsies mascara



an oldie but a goodie. my other mascaras dried out so I just bought a new mascara and decided to repurchase the falsies. I forgot how much volume they give my lashes and it doesn't clump!!!
 
 
8. ELF bronzer and blush duo
 

 
im not much of a bronzer duo, but my face has been looking pretty pale so I've been adding the bronzer and blush mixed together across the apples of my cheeks, it adds a really natural glow and gives some life to my pale complexion.
 
 
 
FASHION!
 
1. Chiffon pants
 
I was a little weary of this at first, but I always am with something new, but I have to say my chiffon pants are so comfortable and I feel more covered up than I thought i'd feel. they look cute with an oversized t-shirt half tucked!
 
2. cat-eye glasses
 

 
I unfortunately just lost my pair... I don't know where they went... but I wore them almost all of august, and I loved how big they were! im going to get a new pair soon!
 
3. dark maxi skirts

 
i'm loving the rich fall hues that are coming in, they match my aesthetic completely! plus maxi skirts are always easy and comfortable!!
 
4. Cocoon Sweaters

 
I love that they wrap around you and make you feel like you've been cuddling in a blanket all day. I love comfortable fashion forward pieces and cocoon sweaters are just that!
 
5. olive green ankle boots

 
literally the most comfortable shoe ever! I didn't even have to break them in! plus they're a neutral color so I have the excuse to wear them with just about everything!!
 
 
6. leopard

 
I can't even explain how much I love leopard accessories! they are a neutral pattern that adds a touch of trendy to a simple outfit! its so easy!!
 
 
RANDOM
 
1. yankee candle in pumpkin spice
 
 
its that time of year again! I can finally get out my pumpkin candles without looking like a weirdo! I love the spicy smell that just reminds me of autumn!
 
2. edamame

its a soybean, and its so good!! I have been loving edamame this month, its makes the perfect healthy snack.
 
3. peppermint tea

 
its relaxing and soothing, and when im done drinking it, I open the tea bag and use the tea leaves as a face scrub. it awakens my skin and leaves it feeling refreshed and soft!
 
4. trader joe's caramel popcorn!

 
I love popcorn, but I especially love caramel popcorn! its great as a dessert or a quick yummy snack in the afternoon! I have to be careful though or ill eat the whole bag!
 
5. Julie and Julia
 
 
this is the funniest most well thought out movie I've seen in a while! meryl streep does such a wonderful job as Julia childs! I feel as though i'm actually listening to Julia childs herself!
 
 
 
 
 
well I hope you've enjoyed my August favorites! I'm hoping to get my blog up and running more often now! I've been working on a few ideas!!
 
 
Much Love <3
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment