Friday, September 20, 2013

Music Inspired Fashion

Some of you may not know, but i was a music major before fashion design
 
music has always been a huge inspiration for me, it invokes feeling and emotion, one sees stories, or images shapes and color. its an entirely different realm than the earth that we live on.
 
 
music makes one feel happy, sad, in love, full of hate.
 
 
I am definitely affected by music and the emotions it inspires.
 
 
But music also inspires fashion.
 
 
so i chose three songs that inspire some kind of emotion for me, whether its a feel good song, or a motivator.
 
 
 
1. Lights by Ellie Goulding
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
this sing inspires fun, so for a fun outfit I think of glitter or sparkle. a sequin sweater and leather trimmed trousers add edge and pop! to add even more fun, black and gold sparkly statement jewelry gets you ready for a fun night out, finish off with a pair of nude pumps to balance out this whole look.
 
 
2. Home  - Phillip Phillips

 



 


so obviously this song makes me think of home (duh its in the title), but when I think of home I think of cozy. so I paired my favorite pair of jeans with my favorite basics, a striped black and white sailor tee, with an oversized sweater. a fringe scarf keeps you cozy and chic, and a pair of oxford flats keeps your feet comfy but still looking stylish.
 
3. Moves like Jagger - Maroon 5
 
 




 
 
this song is just one of those "I have to dance along" kind of songs, but to invoke the rocker vibe I would pair Bordeaux skinnies with an oversized white polka dot top. the skinny pant balances out the oversized blouse. layer gold studded statement necklace to add to this rocker look, and black studded loafers finish off this look.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had a lot of fun working on this post, I listened to these songs over and over while I put looks together. I hope you like. If you listen to these songs and they make you think of other outfits please let me know!!
 
Much Love
 
Tanti Abbracci!
 
<3
 
 


1 comment:

  1. for some reason the videos aren't working so try these if you're having trouble <3

    moves like jagger
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg

    lights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NKUpo_xKyQ

    home
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoRkntoHkIE

    ReplyDelete