Sunday, September 8, 2013

Falling into Autumn

Fall is my favorite time of year,
 
it starts to get cooler and the leaves turn beautiful shades of red and orange,
 
and starbucks finally brings back pumpkin spice lattes
 
~
 
 
fashion takes a turn for the better in my opinion, with beautiful rich hues, and interesting textiles.
 
 
its an opportunity to expand your wardrobe and your outfits, and have fun with your clothing.
 
 
so here are a few of my favorite trends this fall
 
 
 
1. leather!
 
 
perhaps my favorite trend that i've seen.
 
I like the juxtaposition of soft and hard and that can be accomplished with leather
 
 
avoid the common pairs like chiffon and lace, and pair leather with a sweater or as a trim on a pair of trousers.
 
 
I find that experimenting with this trend in moderation allows for a sleek look that is fashion forward without the overkill
 
 





 
 
pair leather trimmed leggings with a high low sweater in an oatmeal color and layer a sleek moto vest. this look is edgy but still soft at the same time because of the texture of the sweater. cognac colored flats help to balance out the black and Bordeaux lips and a pave link bracelet give this look a stylish finish.
 
 
1. Emerald
 
emerald is back and im loving it!
 
I love this rich green color, its a universally flattering shade in my opinion because of the jewel tone quality.
 
keep the look put together with a neutral print like leopard. a neutral prints helps to balance out this power color.
 
 

 
 


 
an oversized tee will catch attention. the silhouette of the top is trendy as well as the color. balance out your top half with a leopard printed scarf, this works as both a neutral and a print. black skinnies are always a go to and black studded flats give the look a bit of edge. finish off with a emerald green mani to show your not afraid of color.
 
 
 
3. Quilted Purses
 
I love anything reminiscent of CoCo Chanel.
 
I've been seeing quilted purses everywhere, some patterned with tweed some in leather others in canvas, whatever your preference, I think this look is stylish, yet classic.
 
a deep color is bold yet still practical because it can still be worn with most outfits.
 
 



 

pair a Bordeaux handbag with the same shade pant, and a black peplum top. this gives a feminine sleek silhouette in trendy fall colors. because its cooling down throw on your favorite oversized sweater for a fall appropriate look. oxford flats give a finished look without being over dressed. a winged cat eye adds a touch of Audrey Hepburn to your look.
 
 
 
so there are a few of my favorite trends for fall. like I said its my favorite time of year. the new years of fashion as I call it.
 
find a couple new fun and fresh pieces to spice up your wardrobe and make it fall ready!!
 
 
Much love
 
tanti abbracci!
 
<3



2 comments:

  1. whaaaa?!?! you have a blog! I'm sure Amal told me this, but I never thought to check it out until now. Awesome blog! Hope your exams went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks Sri! yeah, ive been working on this since December, then took a bit of a break, im trying to get back into the swing of blogging again lol

    ReplyDelete