Friday, January 4, 2013

my three favorite colors


 there are three colors i have been loving for this fall/winter season... and its not my boring black, gray and navy... (my go to colors...) but a cheerful mustard yellow, hunter green and oxblood.. or burgandy. they're muted enough so you don't feel like you're wearing spring colors during the winter, but they do add a pop of color during the drab cold season. i love these colors so much i put together three outfits inspired by them.
 
OUTFIT 1. Mustard Yellow.
 
Mustard Yellow sounds intimidating to alot of people, because i think people are scared of yellow but finding the right shade can do wonders. mine, being so pale, is a mustardy yellow which instead of bringing the yellow out of my skin, helps make me look like ive got some color to my skin.
 
for my first outfit i paired a mustard yellow skirt with a black and white striped top. add some black sheer tights, booties and a neutral infinity scarf and im all set. :)
 
 
 

 
the pop of yellow in an otherwise neutral outfit adds cheerfulness and excitement to your outfit!
 
 
OUTFIT 2. Hunter Green
 
this is a staple of winter colors, it looks great for the holiday season, and after! you can wear this color right into the spring season.
 
for the second outfit i paired a oversized gray sweater with hunter green pants and of course my leopard print scarf. add some black pointed flats and a belt and youre good to go!
 

 

 
like i've said before don't be afraid to mix neutrals, a cognac brown looks good with a little bit of black! just keep you're outfit simple like this and you'll be fine.

OUTFIT 3. Oxblood

this is my most favorite color out of the three, i love the rich tones of a deep oxblood or burgandy color and i find myself wanting to add more of this color to my wardrobe. for this look i went with a patterned button down, an oversized oxblood cardigan, and an olive anorak vest. (i LOVE to layer). pair all that with a plain pair of skinny jeans and the same black flats to keep the bottom half of you're outfit lowkey.

sdjb.png
 


and there you have it! this is how i would wear some of my favorite colors! i love to add a pop of color in a neutral outfit. 1. so i dont end up hating my outfit half-way through my day, and 2. so i dont overwhelm people with too much color.

Hope you like it! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment