Friday, January 11, 2013

Product Review - naked basics

i caved in during the holidays and bought the urban decay naked basics palette... knowing full well i did not need any more make-up... until i tried it. since i bought it mid december i have been using this palette every day.


there are 6 eyeshadow colors. 5 of which are matte, and one (the lightest shade) with a slight shimmer to it. since urban decay released both the naked palette and the naked 2 palette, there have been requests for more matte colors. so welcome the naked basics. each shade is perfect for an entire eye look or a couple can be worn for a more casual look.



i have to say i'm starting to love this more than my regular naked palette because i feel like there is more versatility in these 6 shades. each color is highly pigmented and i don't feel like i have to dig my brush in to get color.

venus is good for an inner corner color, and cheekbone highlight. foxy for a brow bone highlight. walk of shame is my skin tone ( im super pale ok... not my fault...) so i use that to set my concealor. naked2 across my lid, faint in my crease, and crave works as both eyeliner and an outer corner color.

if im feeling a simple look, or im just being lazy, i usually spread venus across my lid and run faint through my crease and leave it at that.

i recommend this product to everyone! its perfect for people who are new to make-up and for people who have a ton, but want their daily eyeshadows in one simple but amazing palette!!

its 27$ but considering that an individual eyeshadow from urbn decay retails for about 18-20$ this palette is definitely a bargain. and i know im getting my money's worth too!

No comments:

Post a Comment