Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter Must Haves

my winter essentials
heres some of the thing i can't live without during the winter... its not exactly freezing in northern california, but it does get cold enough. so here are my favorite thing during the winter to keep me warm, happy and healthy.


BEAUTY must haves:

1. Chapstick.

the air gets cold even when the sun is out and my skin gets dry, so to keep my lips from getting both sunburned and chapped i always carry chapstick with spf in it.

(sweet mint scent)

2. Hand lotion

my hands also get really dry during the winter season, so i am constantly using handlotion, i used to buy the travel size lotions from bath and body works until my mom found a lotion from trader joes with a coconut oil base. this lotion seriously does the best job of mending my poor chapped hands and making them feel moisturized without feeling oily. it smells yummy too!



3. Conditioner

i go through conditioner like crazy... my hair really needs it. plus the added moisture keeps it from getting static-y. i found Aussie's 3 minute miracle leave in conditioner to do the best job of keep my hair both soft and static free.



4. make-up

to add some color to my oh-so pale vampire skin, ive been reaching for pale pink shades of blush. it adds the perfect amount of color to my skin without looking cake-y or like im trying to fake a tan in the dead of winter. this three in one blush by rimmel allows me to mix the perfect shade of pink.

(color: autumn catwalk)


5. lip color

the winter season is the perfect time to rock a bright red lip. its goes well with a simple eye look and can be worn from day to night. the red adds a nice pop of color to your outfit during the dreary winter days.

(color: romantic)

6. scent

i might be weird but i have different perfumes for the different seasons, and my fall winter scent is definitely Miss Dior Cherie. its a heavier scent that perfect for the winter season, while still being fresh and citrusy.



FASHION must haves

1. my J-crew Pixie pants

ok so im not going to lie i pretty much live in these, but to justify that, they are the most comfortable leggings ever. they're thicker so i dont need to worry about them becoming sheer, and they keep me warm. plus they're easy to throw on under a baggy sweater with boots for a quick but cute look.



2. a thick knitted scarf

i have to keep my neck warm. i get way to cold walking to school in the city or running errands without one. the thick and chunkier the better, and even better it its an infinity scarf!



3. hairbows

i am generally pretty lazy when it comes to my hair, so its usually in a topknot, or ballerina bun. but to spice it up i'll add a hair bow in the back to add some color.



4. crew cut socks

normally i wear ankle cut socks, but for days when im wearing my riding boots i prefer a thick pair of crew socks. i dont need to worry about them falling down all day and they help to keep my ankles warm. and i love socks with patterns!




HEALTH must haves

1. Vitamin C

its important to maintain a healthy immune system during the winter. there are way to many colds and flus going around. i love to eat tangerines. a couple every day means im getting vitamin C in my diet. plus they taste super good.



2. Green Tea

green tea is full of antioxidants that not only helps the body now, but has proven to help fight heart disease, lower colesterol and helps improve metabolism.



3. pita chips

my guilty pleasure snack. its not the best for you, but its better than snack on potato chips and candy. so i grab a handful of these and some hummus and i feel satisfied.



so those are my winter must have for this winter season. i hope you stay warm, happy and healthy too!!

<3





(post inspired by missglamorazzi on youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment