Thursday, January 10, 2013

one item - three ways

im taking my favorite plaid button down and showing you three different ways i wear it. im all about layering and maximizing the amount of use i get out of my clothes so having versatile clothing is really great.

Perfect shirt in Black Watch

this is my favorite plaid flannel i got from J-crew. the green, blue, and burgundy don't look like they could be inconspicuous, but thats the challenge. so here are three ways i would style this shirt.

Outfit 1. stripes and plaid.

remember what i said about mixing patterns? well this is one of those times.

i'd pair this flannel with a white and black striped sweater over it, with  pair of burgundy pants.
the burgandy pants match the thin stripes of burgandy on the pants, but it doesn't seem as overwhelming because you're pairing it with a sweater that has neutral colors (black and white). just make sure white is the more dominant color in the sweater.



add a belt, black flats, gold studded earrings and a tortoise shell watch.


.

keep the same color hardware without the outfit and it won't like strange. i like wearing gold accessories with deeper colors because there is warmth to all of these colors. silver might seem cooler toned in comparison.

Outfit 2. again with the burgundy

so for my second outfit im wearing the plaid flannel layered under a burgundy dress. remember that the thin stripe of burgandy on the shirt matches the color of the dress and helps to complement each other. add a gold statement necklace or chain to adda bit of glam.


cinch in your waist to help create shape to your body with a belt, and add some cream colored tights to keep you warm during this cold season.


and some brown ankle boots that match your belt and this outfit is done.



Outfit 3. Comfy and Casual

my last outfit is for my days when i just want to be comfortable and easy going. the flannel can help to keep me warm, but dress it down and i won't look overdone up.



for the main part of my outfit i'd wear my flannel with my basic pair of darkwash skinny jeans and my anorak jacket. i want to keep it as simple and fuss free as possible, so these items are easy to slip on and still feel comfortable. wear a black cami underneath for extra warmth.



if i was planning to go out with friends i could dress it up a bit with a pair of boots. but a comfortable pair mocassins during the day helps to keep the outfit casual and lowkey



if you know me at all you know i love my scarves so to stay extra warm i'd add a chunky knit cream scarf.




so there you go. ive had this shirt only a couple months but already found so many different ways to wear it. i can dress it down or up and get totally get my money's worth out of it.

<3! Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment